Start your engines & get ready as we take a look at the newest DVD release from Disney Junior. Mickey and the Roadster Racers is the new show on Disney Jr. featuring the whole gang from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as they now race around Hot Dog Hills.
The show can be very hot and cold at our house. Sometimes our son loves it and wants to watch all he can, while other times he wants nothing to do with it. As soon as I opened the package he was so excited & wanted to watch it right away. This is the third DVD release from the series. Similar to the first release, inside the packaging is a bonus. This time it is a cloth racing flag featuring the six main stars of the show with their race cars. Our son has been carrying this flag around for a few days and hasn’t lost interest in it. That’s saying something for a 2 yr old!
This DVD features the following episodes:
- Agent Double-O-Goof – Goofy is mistaken for a government agent while the Queen of England comes to visit Hot Dog Hills.
- It’s Wiki Wiki Time – A big relay race takes place while Donald is trying to relax on vacation.
- Ye Olde Royal Heist – Mickey’s reputation may be compromised while he and Minnie celebrate their “racerversary” in England.
- Abra-Ka-Goof – Goofy the Great thinks he has turned Gordon Gear into a rabbit.
- Guru Goofy – A stressed Donald turns to an existential Goofy in order to help him relax and win the big race.
- Going Uppppppp! – Pete and his cousin plot against the gang in an air balloon race.
The only bonus features on my DVD was the bonus episode “Goof Luck Charm”, which aired as the first half of episode 11. All the media I’ve seen on this release, as well as Walmart.com and Amazon, say the bonus episode “The Haunted Hot Rod” should be on here as well. Mine does not include that. The DVD sleeve doesn’t even mention the second bonus episode. I don’t know if it was a mistake or what, but it’s disappointing that it wasn’t on here.
If your child/grandchild is a fan of this show, then this is another winning DVD to add to the collection. The episodes featured are some of the best of the series. “Rev up & go” add this DVD to your collection!
Disclaimer: We received a complimentary copy of Mickey and the Roadster Racers: Start Your Engines in exchange for an honest review. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are our own. Affiliate links have been used of our own volition.