Here’s an ever-growing list of WDW Hints (or tips). Most of these tips link to articles we’ve written (some of which are written for other blogs). I hope you find these hints helpful, and if there’s ever a topic you want us to cover, please email me! ~Terri
Make Reservations First
- Where do You Begin Planning?
- Disney Resorts – use general public codes for up to 40% off your room.
- How to Choose a WDW Resort.
- Disney Vacation Club Resorts – Rent Points to save 40 – 60% off a DVC studio or suite!
- You can make your Advanced Dining Reservations up to 180 days in advance.
- Purchase Airfare – We fly with Southwest for $5 round trip.
Things to know/do before you head to WDW
- Use a Planning Chart to help plan out your daily must-see’s, and know where to eat.
- Create a Countdown Calendar to add to the excitement of your upcoming trip.
- Familiarize yourself with Disney Characters! Try our Character Bootcamp.
- Measure your kids and figure out which rides they can/cannot ride – avoid disappointment!
Items to Bring to WDW
- Bring a Refillable Water Bottle to stay hydrated, and also save money!
- If you’re into Characters, have an Autograph Book ready to go.
- Before you get to the parks, take pictures of the back of your tickets, photopasses and more!
- Here are 10 less-thought-of items for your Packing List.
- My #1 Piece of Advice for touring Disney, is get to the parks before they open.
- Characterpalooza! What is it? A best-kept secret. 🙂
- Know the Character Schedules (and show schedules) before you enter the parks.
- Surprise Fast Passes are among several of the fun surprises you may experience at Disney World.
- Be sure to properly Thank a Cast Member if you experienced (or witnessed) great service from them.
- Tour the Magic Kingdom clockwise – starting in Adventureland and ending in Tomorrowland.
- Take a break from waiting in lines and let your kids run free at the Playgrounds!!
- 10 Terrific WDW Attractions for Toddlers!!
Free at WDW
- What’s free at Disney? Well, for starters, here’s 10 Free things.
- Take an “off” day away from the parks, and check out your Resort’s Activities!
- Disney Celebration Buttons!
- What’s the best souvenir to buy? I recommend Disney Park Soundtrack CD’s.
- LAUNDRY! Check for available washer & dryers at all guest laundry facilities right here! (Don’t waste your time running back and forth checking for available machines ever again.)
- Free and Fun Things to try at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Interested in Kidani Village at AKL? Check out Danielle’s review.
- Paying Out of Pocket? Here’s a list of where to find the best bang for your buck while Dining!
- Have your kids read and complete this chart for a 99 cent Kids Meal at Rain Forest Cafe or T-Rex Restaurant. Expires 12/31/2012.
- Allergy-free Foods you can find at Disney World.
- Trying to plan for Allergy-Free meals at WDW can be frustrating, but rest assured, you’ll be taken very well care of!
- Discounts for Military Members.
- Visually Impaired individuals can experience the magic too!
- Know what special events will be occurring if your vacation overlaps with a Holiday.