I recently shared some tips on how to remain calm while planning a Disney vacation. But, let's be honest. It's hard to remain calm when you've been planning a trip for so long and you're just SO excited. Remember this commercial?
Yeah, that's me for weeks leading up to our trip. So, I thought in the spirit of honesty, I would share some of the more ridiculous things I have done in the crazy last few weeks before a Disney vacation. And I hope you'll take this opportunity to come clean and share any of your more crazy incidents.
1. Looking at the Walt Disney World weather forecast, I saw that there was a 20% chance of rain, 10 days out, in the middle of our trip. I should have known that the weather forecast may not even be right tomorrow, but instead I decided that the entire family needed raincoats. And they didn't need new raincoats. No, they just needed raincoats. I've never gotten my kids into a raincoat. What made me think they will wear one at Disney World?
2. I printed out all of the files I needed to bring to Disney and decided that I absolutely needed a Mickey Mouse folder to bring everything in my carry on. So, I stopped at 3 stores (well, 4 if you count the store my friend looked at for me) just to look for a Mickey folder. There were none to be found. I even reprimanded myself in the store for not looking during Back to School time this summer. I'll remember for next year and this year will use a plain folder. (Gasp!)
3. I went to the craft store to get colored pencils for my kids to use on the airplane. Keep in mind, I'd already had a hearty debate with myself over pencils vs. crayons or markers. I then spent 30 minutes in the store "interviewing" every box of colored pencils before making a decision. And, how many pencils did they use on the plane? 2.
4. Along the same lines as the colored pencils for the kids, I decided that the kids would LOVE to journal their trips. I looked in 4 different stores before settling on the perfect notebooks for them to use for their journals. The kids loved them and before we left, they decorated the outsides with their names and Disney stickers. And, how many pages did they use to journal? 1.
5. Oh, the oh-so-important park bag. This incident goes back well before I was within the acceptable time frame for being crazy with a trip approaching. I made a special trip out to buy a bag to use in the parks... in a snow storm... 10 months before a trip. The bag was, however, perfect at Disney. This year's issue? My new camera doesn't fit in the bag. I almost went out and got a new camera to fit the bag, but, with my husband's help, I was able to restrain myself.
6. My family and I love wearing Disney gear in the parks. When I realized that my youngest had outgrown most of his Disney shirts, I started looking at the Disney Store website to find him new shirts to wear... at Disney World... where they sell shirts every 5 feet. Another time I managed to control myself. (Pat on the back)
Ok, your turn. I know Disney fanatics all go a bit nuts before their trips. What's your best incident? And I know that these confessions will not stop me or anyone from all of these crazy moments.
Back to packing (weeks in advance),