Kenny the Pirate has been a long time Disney fan favorite for his up to date and extensive knowledge of Disney characters and where to find them in the parks. I discovered Kenny’s site in 2012 when I first found WDW Hints! Terri had written an article all about Characterpalooza, an unpublished meet and greet held at Hollywood Studios most days of the week. I loved her articles so much I joined the WDW Hints staff and loved the concept of Characterpalooza so much that I made it an annual tradition for our family Walt Disney World trips.
(Some of the (mostly) friendly faces we have met at Characterpalooza)
Back in 2012, Kenny the Pirate was just a fan blog. Wow, has he expanded! Now, Kenny and his brother, Bobby, have created Kenny the Pirate Character Locator. This subscription based service, now priced at $6.99 for a year, offers:
- Full park and show schedules, including crowd calendars (New! With suggestions of which park to visit each day of your trip.)
- Touring plans (New! See below for more details)
- Character schedules, maps and tips for each park
- Character schedules and details on special events
- Master character list
- Character dining details
- Online chat (New!)
I love that Kenny offers maps of each park with details of where each character can be found. I immediately printed those out to look over with my kids. I also love that there is a master list of characters from A-Z. We’re talking from 7 Drawfs and Agent Oso to Woody and Zam Wessel. (You’re welcome, Star Wars fans.) This is a great resource if you are looking for a specific character. According to Kenny, it will be tough for me to meet Jiminy Cricket but I might be able to talk about him with Pinocchio or Gepetto!
Let’s talk about their touring plans for a minute. Or maybe an hour. I was honestly blown away by the number of detailed plans they offer to their subscribers. I counted over 65 different touring plans! 65!! They have plans for all four parks, the different special events and water parks. Each section offers a variety of plans. To show how detailed these plans are, here are the options for the Magic Kingdom:
- 3 Parks, Every Princess and Human Female in a Single Day Plan
- Magic Kingdom Characters ONLY plan
- Magic Kingdom LATE Extra Magic Hours Adventureland, Frontierland & Liberty Square Plan
- Magic Kingdom LATE Extra Magic Hours Fantasyland Plan including Ariel and Anna & Elsa
- Magic Kingdom Late Extra Magic Hours Fantasyland with Peter Pan Flight Plan
- Magic Kingdom LATE Extra Magic Hours Fantasyland with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Magic Kingdom LATE Extra Magic Hours Tomorrowland Plan
- Magic Kingdom List of Major Attractions to build your own plan
- Magic Kingdom Plan with a focus on RIDES
- Magic Kingdom Princess Character Plan
- Two Day Magic Kingdom Touring Plan with Characters and Rides: Day 1 Fantasyland and Tomorrowland
- Two Day Magic Kingdom Touring Plan with Characters and Rides: Day 2 Adventureland, Frontierland and Liberty Square
- ULTIMATE Magic Kingdom
Clearly they offer a touring plan for everyone. We all know the benefit of a Walt Disney World vacation with a good plan of attack!
For me, the best part about Kenny’s site is that he works to find as many characters as possible for his readers. Characterpalooza is a special treat during out trips and I can’t wait to access the site in order to find the times for this event. I’m heading off to Walt Disney World in a few weeks. I’ll be using the Character Locator while I’m there and I’ll be back to share my experiences with you all when I return. Check out her Jan 2016 review here.
Disclaimer: Our writer, Amy, received a complimentary 90-day trial of Kenny the Pirate’s Character Locator app in order to write an honest review. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are our own.