It’s pretty much a fact that everyone loves waffles. What makes something so simple even more spectacular? How about a Mickey inspired Waffle Bar! It’s the newest craze being used for family get-together’s, weddings, and parties! The best part is that you can be as creative as you please and add all sorts of goodies and extra’s to make the waffles become even delicious for your guests.
Here is my recipe:
(you can always just use a bisquick mix as well)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tsp of baking power
- ½ tsp of salt (optional)
- 2 cups of flour
- ¼ cup of butter, melted but cooled
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Beat egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until light
2. Add melted (but cooled) butter, milk and vanilla extract
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the egg mixture and beat well
4. Beat eggs whites until stiff and gently fold into batter
5. Place in waffle maker (A Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker, of course) and cook to your desired level.
6. Gather additional items you would like to add to the “bar” for guests to top over their waffles. I chose strawberries, banana’s, walnuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, coconut flakes, and powdered sugar.
7. Set up an area for the serving to take place by adding different dishes and plates in fun styles to help create an exciting décor.
8. Serve and have fun!
Disney DP-1 Princess Waffle Maker, Pink