Today, I'd like to introduce you to Amy B. She has written this wonderful guest post on how to celebrate Birthdays while at Walt Disney World. Enjoy!
Most people spend their 21st birthday hopping from bar to bar with their friends. Not me. When I turned 21 (many years ago), I celebrated at the best place in the world, Walt Disney World, with my family. The first drink I ordered was a margarita from the San Angel Inn at Epcot’s Mexico pavilion. The wonderful wait staff noticed it was my birthday, brought out a cake and sang to me, in Spanish of course, and gave me a card they had all signed. It was wonderful celebrating my birthday at Disney World. (Side note, I also celebrated my 22nd birthday at Disney World, which was my first day on the Walt Disney World college program!)
Any trip to Disney World is fantastic, but there are many ways you can help make someone's Walt Disney World birthday extra special! Here are some hints that will help with your planning:
1. Buttons – Complimentary birthday buttons, and buttons for other occasions, are available from cast members at various locations in each park. Your best bet is to try Guest Relations, a Vacation Planning Booth or check with a cast member. Pin one on and you’ll be wished a Happy Birthday more than any other birthday in your life!
2. Disney Floral and Gifts - Did you know that Disney can help you create an extra special gift for someone’s birthday? They can send flowers, balloons or a plush Mickey Mouse (amongst other choices) to your hotel room or an onsite restaurant as a special surprise. There are a variety of price ranges and theme options. (And, let’s be honest – this is Disney! They can help create anything you can dream up for your celebration!)
3. Cakes – You can order a Mickey Mouse cake or a Disney themed cake from the Walt Disney World bakery (407) 827-2253 and have it delivered throughout the resort for your celebration. Note that a basic cake should be available just by asking at any restaurant. Anything more “themey” will require 48 hours.
4. Parties – Goofy’s Candy Company at Downtown Disney offers birthday parties if you’re looking something a bit more traditional. This is a great option if you’re traveling with a large group of kids or if you live close to Disney World.
5. Dress the birthday boy or birthday girl – One of my favorite party hints is to always “dress your guests” with fun party wearables. That goes for a birthday at Disney World too!
- Grab a Mickey or Minnie balloon as soon as you arrive at the park and tie it to the birthday boy or girl to wear during the day.
- There are also Mickey birthday ears (customizable, of course) or princess ears that let everyone know it’s someone’s special day!
- Then there are always beads, feather boas and glow necklaces to highlight your celebrant that you can grab at your local party store and bring from home.
7. Fantastic meals – There are so many wonderful choices for a birthday celebration. Be sure to mention if there is a birthday celebration as part of your meal. You may be treated to singing waiters, free cupcakes or other special treats.
How do you like to celebrate a birthday at Disney World? Any special plans? If you’re not going to be at Disney World, you can, of course, plan a Disney theme birthday party at home. Here are some Mickey and Minnie birthday party ideas from Party411.